When you donate to the London Food Bank, you're supporting more than just the Food Bank itself and the 3,528 families per month, on average, who come to it for assistance. You're supporting over 25 social agencies throughout London that work to make a difference in the community.
The London Food Bank supports a number of programs, including:
- School breakfast programs
- The Memorial Boys and Girls Club
- Drop-in programs like the Youth Action Centre and the Glen Cairn Resource Centre
- Residential programs, such as the Unity Project, Mission Services, and Women's Community House
And your cash donations help the Food Bank grow even more.
- Community Harvest -- a program that works to increase the amount of fresh produce donated from local farmers to the food bank. In its fifth year, over 300,000 pounds of fresh local fruit and vegetables were donated. That's $600,000 value of fresh produce for a direct cost of only $40,000;
- Milk and Egg Purchases -- Through donations from dairy farmers and Food Bank purchases, we are able to ensure every family gets fresh milk;
- Food Purchases -- Throughout the year, our partnership with the Ontario Association of Food Banks affords us the opportunity to purchase food that is a great value -- including fresh fruit and vegetables; and
- Baby Food -- volunteers purchase monthly baby formula tailored to the current demand
Your donations really do impact the community because the Food Bank is more than just a location on Leathorne St. It's more than just a place where people come. The London Food Bank is a part of your neighbourhood, helping programs that impact the community at large.
Please donate generously, register your company for the Business Cares Food Drive, and volunteer to help out at one of the Business Cares Food Drive's upcoming events.
Thank you for your support!